How to perform the exercise
- Standing between the bars of a dip station, grip the bars with an overhand grip,keeping your elbows tucked in close to your body.
- Allow your body weigh to hang so it is being supported by your arms and shoulders. Keep your hips straight.
- Push down through your palms with your arms, lifting your body up until your arms are almost straight. (Do not lock your elbows)
- Lower your body by slowly bending your elbows and continue down until you feel a slight stretch in your shoulders.
- Pause, then push yourself back to the starting position.
- By keeping your back straight and not leaning forward, you will work your triceps harder.If you wish to work on your chest leaning forward puts more emphasis on your pecs.