Hanging Leg Raise
How to perform the exercise
- Grip a chin up or pull up bar with a firm overhand grip.
- Hang from the bar with your legs straight.
- Raise your legs by flexing your hips forward and bending your knees up towards your chest.
- Continue to raise your knees towards your chest by flexing your waist forward. Don’t swing your body to use momentum. Use your abdominals to pull your legs up.
- Return to the starting position, lowering your legs slowly until they are straight.
- Be careful not to sway your body when performing this exercise. Focus on slow and deliberate reps.