Dumbbell Lat Raise
How to perform the exercise
- Stand with your back straight, feet shoulder width apart, while holding a dumbbell in each hand with a neutral grip.
- Hold your arms fully extended by your side, with your palms facing in to your body.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides. This is the start position.
- Keeping your arms fully extended and your torso stationary, lift the dumbbells out to your sides and up until they are at shoulder level. Exhale as you do so.
- Hold for a count of one while squeezing your shoulder muscles.
- Return to the start position in a smooth controlled movement inhaling as you do so.
- Perform this exercise with as short rest periods as you can.